Actor John Heard, well-known for his role as Peter McAllister in the first two Home Alone movies, apparently had a cocktail of narcotics in his system when he died, according to his official autopsy.
TMZ reports they obtained a copy of the late actor’s toxicology report, which revealed he had Buprenorphine, Fentanyl, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, Tramadol, and Xanax in his system. The 71-year-old actor passed away in July, following a minor back surgery operation at Stanford Medical Center in California.
According to the toxicology report, medical professionals attempted to revive Heard with the drug Narcan after they found him unconscious. Narcan is generally used to treat overdoses, but despite the amount of drugs in his system, Heard’s official cause of death was listed as a heart attack, brought about by heart disease.
People reports that shortly after Heard’s death, a Palo Alto Police Department spokesman told the outlet that a person matching the actor’s description was found deceased in a hotel.
“I can confirm that our officers responded with the Fire Department to a hotel in our city yesterday on a report of a person in need of medical aid. he person was determined to be deceased. While still under investigation, the death is not considered suspicious at this time.”
Along with Home Alone, Heard also appeared in The Sopranos, and over 200 other stage and screen roles.
[Feature Photo: John Heard/AP/Brian Kersey, File]