Teen sends photos of dying girl to friends, brags about sexually assaulting her and leaves dead body behind to go to work at Dairy Queen: Police

The suspect also admitted to using the girl’s finger to unlock her phone and post a Snapchat post suggesting she had run away

A 19-year-old Washington man has been charged with the rape and homicide of an 18-year-old girl who died in his home after meeting him at a party last Saturday night.

The Herald Net reports that Alyssa Mae Noceda, 18, died of a drug overdose while at the mobile home of Brian Roberto Varela, 19, in Lynwood. Verala reportedly texted photos of the overdosing teen to friends, showing that she had blue lips and appeared to be unconscious. The suspect indicated that he was having sex with the girl while she was in this condition “to pass the time,” according to court records obtained by the newspaper.

“LOL I think she od’d, still breathing,” Valera reportedly wrote in one message accompanying photos of the girl.

The suspect’s roommate reportedly told police that he saw Noceda alive after 9 p.m. on Saturday night. But by Sunday morning, she was dead. Varela told his roommate the Noceda had taken multiple drugs, including a “dab” of liquid THC, and that she snorted a line of crushed Percocet before passing out. The suspect asked for his roommate’s help, and the roommate claims he told Varela to call the police.

Instead, Verala left the dead body behind and went to work a double shift at a Dairy Queen.

While there, the suspect allegedly bragged to co-workers that a girl had died while having sex with him, and claimed he didn’t call for help because he was “too tired.”

The suspect reportedly claimed that he had put Noceda’s body in a plastic box and planned to bury her. A Dairy Queen co-worker contacted police on Tuesday after seeing Facebook posts from Noceda’s mother saying her daughter went missing on Saturday night.

After police apprehended Valera at home and arrested him, he reportedly gave them a detailed account of the crime, claiming that once he realized Noceda had died, he used her thumb to unlock her iPhone and post a Snapchat message suggesting she had run away. He also shared his planned efforts to dispose of the body, which police found stuffed into a plastic crate in his mobile home.

At a hearing on Wednesday, Valera reportedly appeared to be smirking. A prosecutor described his behavior as showing “a callous and shocking disregard for human life.”

The judge ordered Valera held on $500,000 bail.

A relative of the victim created a GoFundMe crowdfunding campaign to help support her grieving family.



[Feature image: GoFundMe/Alyssa Mae Noceda]