Baby Jesse Update: Toddler beaten at daycare still in hospital as state shuts center down ‘immediately’

As an Indiana toddler boy continues to recover in a hospital after being brutally attacked while at a daycare on Monday, Family and Social Services (FSSA) carried an emergency order to shut the daycare down immediately.

The Indy Channel reports that FSSA spokesperson Marni Lemons indicated that an order was put into place to stop operations at the Kiddie Garden Daycare, at 1853 East 38th Street in Indianapolis, right away. The shutdown occurred after a 1-year-old little boy named Jesse was attacked so severely while at the daycare that he was taken to the hospital.

How will a 2yr old manage to do this much damage alone?

Posted by Tiffany Griffin on Monday, April 30, 2018


Reports indicate that the daycare has had previous violations, including not having a smoke detector, failure to test two employees for drugs, improper child-to-staff ratios, and a moldy basement.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, when Tiffany Griffin arrived to the Kiddie Garden daycare on Monday, she could hear her 1-year-old shrieking while she was still in the parking lot. Responding to a call from the daycare that her son was injured, Griffin rushed back to the center after dropping him two hours previously.

Griffin said when she walked to into the daycare, she found her toddler son, Jesse, with swollen lips and eyes, and cuts on his face. Enraged, she punched one of the daycare workers. Haben Ghebremichael, the owner of the daycare center, said a 2-year-old girl attacked Jesse, according to FOX News.

Good morning from me and baby Jesse!

Posted by Tiffany Griffin on Wednesday, May 2, 2018


Ghebremichael also said the 2-year-old girl, who was reportedly left with blood on her hands after the attack, had acted out before. Yet, Ghebremichael said “the extent of the injuries just blows our minds.”

Griffin doesn’t buy it. She said the injuries couldn’t have happened at the hands of a toddler girl.

“It’s no way a baby, a 2-year-old and that baby was small and she didn’t look like she was the violent type and her mom said she wasn’t the violent type and her mom said scratches her baby might do but when seen that picture she started crying and said her baby wouldn’t do anything like that.”

The owner told FOX59 that the worker in charge of taking care of Jesse on the day he was injured has been fired.

Police documents indicate that the daycare told Griffin that her little and the 2-year-old girl were taking a nap together in a separate room and when they went to check on the toddlers, they noticed Jesse’s injuries. The daycare continues to stick to their story that a toddler girl was capable of causing the damage to Jesse’s face but Griffin maintains that a baby wouldn’t have had the strength to cause those types of injuries.

“When I seen my son’s face – I was like – If a 2-year-old did it, how could she have that much time to do that? I would have heard my son screaming from outside,” Griffin said.

Griffin is hoping for a speedy recovery for her son, who’s currently at the Riley Hospital for Children. She also hopes for justice. No charges have been filed, but the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department continues to investigate the incident.

Meanwhile, the family set up a GoFundMe fundraiser to help thwart “scammers” attempting to make money off of the tragic incident. Griffin said the donated money will go into to a college fund for Jesse.

[Feature Photo: Baby Jesse/FOX59 Video Screenshot]