BREAKING: Mother of abducted baby boy lit on fire and murdered is arrested for his death

The biological mother of a 6-month-old little boy found burned and killed last Tuesday was arrested in connection to her infant’s death on Wednesday.

According to the Natchitoches Police Department, Hannah Barker, 22, mother of 6-month-old Levi Cole Ellerbe, has been charged with principle to first-degree murder, meaning the “actual perpetrator of a crime,” according to Law Shelf.

Barker is the second person arrested in connection with the little boy’s death. Felicia Marie-Nicole Smith, 25, is also behind bars, charged with first-degree murder in connection with Levi’s death. Smith and Barker knew each other and reportedly had a relationship together.

Natchitoches PD indicated that Smith will likely face an additional charge, although it’s unclear what the charge will be. Both women remain in jail without bond.

Hannah Barker (L) and Felicia Smith (R) [Photo: Natchitoches Police Department]
As CrimeOnline previously reported, On July 17, Barker reportedly called police and said she was the mother of the baby boy. She claimed two unknown men knocked on the door of her home at around 9 p.m. and when she answered, they began spraying her in the face with what she thought was mace.

In a reported panic, Barker said she ran away, leaving Levi inside the residence. She stated she thought the attackers were after her and not the baby, although she said she had never seen the men before.

The description of the two reported men was never released.

Shortly after the baby was reported missing, law enforcement agencies, including Natchitoches PD, Louisiana State Police, Northwestern State University Police Department, and the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office began searching the area for the Levi. They discovered the baby with severe burns on his body a little after 10:20 p.m. last Tuesday, close to railroad tracks near Breda Avenue, a few blocks from his home, KALB reports.

Authorities rushed Levi to a local medical center. He was later airlifted to University Health in Shreveport, where he later died.

The story continues to develop. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

[Feature Photo: Levi Ellerbe/Facebook]