Jordan Belliveau: Mom hits toddler boy so severely it causes seizures and kills him, police say

New details emerged Wednesday morning, following a Tuesday arrest of a Florida woman accused of killing her son who she initially said vanished with a man who offered her a ride.

ABC reports that authorities charged 21-year-old Charisse Stinson with first degree murder in connection with the death of her 2-year-old son, Jordan Belliveau. Investigators found the boy’s remains on Tuesday afternoon after issuing an AMBER Alert for him on Sunday, when his mother reported him missing.

According to the affidavit, Largo police wrote that Stinson hit Jordan with the back of her hand, “which in turn caused the back of his head to strike an interior wall of her home. After the blow to the head, the victim suffered seizures during the night, which lead to further decline [in his health], resulting in his death.”

Instead of seeking medical help for Jordan, Stinson is accused of taking her son and hiding him in a wooded area. Police found Jordan’s lifeless body in woods by Lake Avenue and McMullen Road in Largo.

Police indicated that while searching Stinson’s apartment home, they found “bloodied children’s items.” Although they took the items for evidence, they haven’t yet said whether the evidence was connected to Jordan’s death. Stinson told detectives that Jordan had fell previously and cut his chin, requiring stitches.

Authorities also found children’s clothing rolled up into a rug and placed outside of Stinson’s apartment.

Jordan’s father is not considered a suspect at this time. He was apparently too upset to talk to ABC, but court records indicate he had a tumultuous relationship with Stinson, with at least one incident resulting in alleged physical violence.

According to court documents, the boy’s father returned him home to Stinson earlier this year after weekend visitation, but Stinson apparently didn’t want Jordan back yet and a fight ensued. Out of frustration, the boy’s dad reportedly punched Stinson, leading to his arrest.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Stinson initially blamed an unknown man for Jordan’s disappearance. She told police she was walking with her son off of Lake Avenue and East Bay Drive at around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday night, when the alleged man approached them and asked if they needed a ride. Stinson claimed she accepted the ride because she didn’t want to carry her son all the way back home, but the stranger punched her out, then fled.

Stinson said she woke up on Sunday morning in the woods at Largo Central Park and couldn’t find her son. The man, who she said drove a white Toyota Camry with a white grill and dark tinted windows, had disappeared. She claimed the man only identified himself as “Antwan.”

At this time, Stinson is the only person charged with Jordan’s death.

Stinson remains behind bars without bond while awaiting a court hearing, scheduled for Wednesday. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

[Feature Photo: Charisee Stinson and Jordan Belliveau/Police Handout]