George Anthony, father of notorious killer, Casey Anthony, was released from the hospital on Thursday following a fiery one-person car crash in November, and an insider says the near-fatal crash left him with injuries that could possibly be permanent.
People reports that a source close to the Anthony family revealed that the 67-year-old may not be able to fully walk on his own again, but if he does, it will be long process to recovery. George sustained spinal cord and nerve damage, along with internal injuries after he crashed his SUV while driving down Interstate 4 on November 26.
The elder Anthony flipped his vehicle several times near the State Road 44 and U.S. Highway 92 exits in Daytona Beach. According to witnesses, he was covered in blood when first responders arrived. No one else was involved in the crash.
After spending a month in the hospital, George emerged on Thursday wearing a halo brace and grasping onto a metal walker as medical assistant followed closely behind him.
“There was a question about whether he would ever walk again,” an Anthony family insider told People. “He was in a wheelchair in the hospital as he recovered and it was really dire. He moves very, very slowly now, using a walker. He has a lot of neck and shoulder pain, and he’s in a brace from head to waist. He’s never going to be the same.”
As CrimeOnline previously reported, a Florida Highway Patrol report indicated that Anthony didn’t appear to be distracted, wasn’t drunk, and did not have obstructed vision. He was also wearing a shoulder and lap seatbelt when the incident occurred. The report also stated that George briefly communicated with authorities and told them he had a “medical issue,” but had no recollection of the crash occurring.
Meanwhile, Casey Anthony, George’s only daughter, has reportedly not reached at all to her father after his crash.
“She didn’t talk to him for years before the accident,” the unnamed source told People in November. “Why would she talk to him now? It wouldn’t make any sense. She has no intention to talk to him.”
George has had a strained relationship with his daughter after her 2011 trial, when she was acquitted for the murder of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony. In 2017, George said his relationship with Casey Anthony had turned non-existent, and he warned her to stay away from him.
“Stay away. Stay away from me. If she wants a relationship again with her mom, she’s got a lot of explaining to do, but I don’t want to hear it no more. I don’t want to see her.”
The story is still developing. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.
[Feature Photo: George Anthony via AP/Red Huber, Pool]