Nora Boyle and Greg Boyle

Baby boy almost dies after chewing on heroin baggies found in home, next to his ‘passed out’ mother: Police

A 16-month-old Pennsylvania baby barely survived after police say he ingested heroin residue while inside his family’s Upper Darby home on Monday, after finding the baggies next to his mother.

ABC 6 reports that the incident happened off of the 7700 block of West Chester Pike, after the baby chewed on empty drug baggies that contained heroin residue, and possibly fentanyl. The baby’s mother was allegedly in the home passed out when at the time, and authorities said she may have been high. The boy’s father arrived home and found him unresponsive, then rushed him to the hospital.

“That child was lucky enough to get to the hospital, being taken by the drug addict father and mother, to where the doctor shot him up with Narcan,” Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Authorities searched the home and found 12 empty heroin baggies, according to the outlet. The baby’s father reportedly admitted that he used heroin. Both parents, 35-year-old Nora Boyle and 42-year-old Greg Searl, turned themselves in to police.

“Both parents are opioid addicts. Both parents are heroin addicts. The father admits to shooting up five bags of fentanyl the night before,” Chitwood said, according to FOX 10. “No question the baby ingested some type of residue from the packages. There’s no question.”

The parents are facing possible charges of drugs, reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Nora Boyle & Greg Boyle/Police Handout]