Ad
Ad

Baby swallows up to 20 sleeping pills in luxury hotel room as mom reads a book

A 1-year-old baby was hospitalized after she ingested a bottle of sleeping pills while staying at a high-end Times Square hotel with her parents.

The New York Post reports that the baby and her parents were staying at the Night Hotel in Manhattan, which runs nearly $500 a night, on Monday evening when the girl reportedly got her hands on up to 20 sleeping pills in the room. The girl’s mother, 36, was reportedly reading a book when she looked up to find her daughter eating the pills. The toddler’s father, 46, called 911 as the girl began convulsing.

“They wanted to get the child to the hospital as soon as they could,” a source told the New York Post.

The unidentified family resides in Brazil, the newspaper reports.

The toddler girl is reportedly on life support at Mt. Sinai hospital, but in stable condition. While police are investigating, no charges have been filed and there is no indication of foul play, according to the report.