Ad
Ad

Kidnap victim dragged from yard against her will found safe, boyfriend faces kidnapping and assault charges: Police

A North Carolina woman who disappeared after a witness reportedly saw her being dragged against her will on Thursday morning has been found safe.

The Charlotte Observer reports that Wilkes County Sheriff’s officers arrived to a home at 233 Graymille Street in Hays after a domestic disturbance call on the morning of April 18. Police said they learned that 20-year-old Lauren Hall may have taken from the home “against her will” by 37-year-old Rosalino Duarte-Cruz. Authorities said the man dragged Hall through the front yard and forced her into his car.

On Thursday afternoon, Chief Deputy David Carson said that the Hall and Duarte-Cruz had been in “an ongoing relationship.”

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Duarte-Cruz turned himself in early Friday morning. Police arrested the suspect and charged him with second-degree kidnapping, assault and a domestic violence order, according to Winston State-Journal.

Duarte-Cruz is currently behind bars without bail.

“No further information regarding this case is available at this time as the investigation is ongoing,” the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office said on Friday.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Lauren Hall, Rosalino Duarte-Cruz/Facebook; Police Handout]