Frantic mom flees to fire station after domestic abuse. Husband follows, shoots her dead in front of their children: Police

Georgia firefighters testified Wednesday that they could hear a frantic woman screaming only a few minutes before her husband shot her dead in front of their two children, AJC reports.

The murder case against 44-year-old Jeremy Wade Gibson will move forward after Judge Lisa Thurmond found probable cause to charge him with the killing of his wife, Amy Alexandria Gibson, 44.

According to court documents, Amy fled with her two young children, ages 5 and 8, in fear for her life on July 29. She first drove to a nearby elementary school, then sped to the Dawson County Fire Station No. 7 at 170 Dawson Forest Road West, hoping for help.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Gibson allegedly got in his car and followed his estranged wife. When Amy got of her car at the fire station and ran for help, Gibson shot her with a Glock Model 19 9-mm handgun, killing her at the scene, according to police. One of the bullets went through Amy’s phone and hit her in the head, court documents state.

The couple’s children, who were in the back seat of Amy’s car, witnessed the shooting. Further, two other children were at the fire station at the time of the shooting, touring the facilities, CBS46 reports.

Amy had recently moved out of the family home and was staying with other family members when the incident occurred.

Jeremy Gibson [Police Handout]
“She pulled in. They could all hear her screaming for help,” Dawson County Sheriff’s Office investigator Jeff Moore testified on Wednesday. “He pulled in behind, exited the vehicle. He then approached on the driver’s side, attempted to open the driver’s side door. It was locked. At that point, he drew his firearm and shot three to four times.”

Moore also testified that when he made contact with Gibson afterward, the man appeared calm and void of emotion, according to 11Alive.

Friends of the victim said there had been ongoing domestic disputes between the pair, and Amy previously tried to get a restraining order.

“No one intervened,” Amy’s friend, Kristi Peterson, said earlier this year. “It was behavior that was alarming and scary, and no one stopped it.”

Peterson said Amy previously said someone would end up dead before her nightmare marriage ended.

Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson also testified on Wednesday. He said although the couple had numerous domestic issues in the past, the suspect was never arrested.

Johnson testified that Amy arrived at the fire station parking lot “a high rate of speed,” then screamed for help before Gibson shot her five times.

“She pulled into the parking lot at a high rate of speed, like screeching tires. She began begging for help through the closed window. They could hear her screaming.”

Meanwhile, in court, Gibson claimed that he caught Amy sexually assaulting their children in front of an elementary school on the night in question. However, Moore testified that going by security footage, there was no way Gibson would have been able to see such an act.

Further, Moore said as soon as Amy saw Gibson drive up to the school, she immediately sped away.

In addition to malice murder charges, Gibson is facing aggravated assault, first-degree cruelty to children, and firearms charges.

Check back with CrimeOnline for further details.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Here is a related episode. 

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Amy Gibson, Jeremy Gibson/Facebook]