The county prosecutor leading an investigation into the disappearance of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez has asked possible witnesses to check their phones if they were in or near a park where the little girl was last seen over a week ago.
As ABC News reports, Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae has urged anyone who was in Bridgeton City Park in New Jersey last Monday, September 16, between 3 and 6 p.m. to see if they took any photos or videos during that time.
Even if the images don’t capture the little girl, they could be a “valuable piece of the puzzle in helping us bring Dulce home,” Webb-McRae said.
Investigators have not named any suspects in the possible kidnapping as the search enters its ninth day; but said in a press conference last week that it is possible Dulce was led to a red van by a Hispanic male and taken from the park.
Webb-McRae also said authorities are considering all possible scenarios and that witness testimony could be critical.
Dulce’s grandmother also pleaded with anyone who might have seen something to come forward.
“Please if you have any information help us find my granddaughter,” the grandmother said in a statement translated to English.
“Do not be afraid of the police. We have not been able to eat or sleep. You can’t image what we are going through. We are very sad. Please help our family. I beg of you.”
Authorities are offering a $35,000 reward for information that leads to the missing girl.
Anyone with information about Dulce’s disappearance is urged to contact the State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554 or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. You can also text anonymously to TIP411.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.