A retired business executive has been arrested for the 1982 murder of his wife. Police say James Krauseneck used an axe to hack his sleeping wife, Cathleen, in the forehead. He then leaves his toddler daughter alone in their house all day with her dead mommy, police say.
The case stumped police for nearly four decades.
Joining Nancy Grace to discuss the case:
- Kathleen Murphy: Family attorney
- Cloyd Steiger: 36 years with Seattle Police Department, 22-year homicide detective & author of “Seattle’s Forgotten Serial Killer: Gary Gene Grant”
- Dr. Bethany Marshall: Psychoanalyst, Beverly Hills
- Dr. Michelle Dupre: South Carolina Medical Examiner & author of “Homicide Investigation Field Guide”
- Nancy Monaghan: Reporter for Democrat & Chronicle (retired) & co-author of an upcoming book on the Krauseneck murder
“Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” is also a national radio show heard on SiriusXM channel 111 airing for two hours daily starting at 12 p.m. ET and around the country on local radio stations. You can also subscribe and download the daily podcasts at Apple Podcasts and Google Play.
[Feature Photo: James Krauseneck/Police Handout]