Ad
Ad
Lori Isenberg

Wife INSISTS hubby dies in boat accident, autopsy reveals DEATH BY BENADRYL: Police

An Idaho woman allegedly claimed that her husband fell overboard during a boating excursion, but prosecutors say his own wife drugged him.

NBC News reports that Laurcene “Lori” Isenberg, 66, was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree murder after a grand jury indicted her in connection with the death of her husband, Larry Isenberg.

On February 13, 2018, Larry Isenberg disappeared while boating in Powderhorn Bay, around the Lake Coeur d’Alene area. Lori Isenberg reportedly told police that her husband fell overboard after he hit his head while looking at a stalled motor.

The suspect claimed she tried unsuccessfully to locate him and waited two hours to call for help because she didn’t want to leave the area without him.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here.’

Police eventually found Larry’s body weeks later after a resident spotted a body floating in the water and called 911.

The Associated Press, citing the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office, reports that an autopsy later revealed that the victim had lethal levels of Benadryl in his system. Authorities accuse the suspect of killing her husband for insurance money.

Lori Isenberg was initially arrested and charged with embezzlement after prosecutors accused her of embezzling around $500,000 from her employer, North Idaho Housing Coalition. In January 2019, she pleaded guilty to wire fraud. A judge sentenced to five years in federal prison.

Further, four of the suspect’s daughters pleaded guilty to embezzlement after authorities found handwritten changes on Larry Isenberg’s will. The will was changed to reflect that 80% of his estate was to go to Lori Isenberg and her six children. The remaining 20% was to go to his biological children.

The Spokesman-Review reports that detectives continued to investigate Larry Isenberg’s death for two years, which eventually led to murder charges.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Here is our latest episode. 

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Lori Isenberg/Police Handout]