The numbers are staggering. Nearly half a million children are being sold into the sex trade each year in the US. Young girls and boys are being groomed by predators online or being force-ably taken, and forced into performing sex for money.
How do we stop it?
In an effort to battle sex trafficking, Wellness Now 101 was created by founder Michele Terry in December 2019. Portions of the profit from Terry’s products will go to a local Atlanta nonprofit sex trafficking organization that helps girls and women get their lives back in order.
“Women helping women,” Terry said.
In addition to selling homemade soy-based wax candles and natural skincare made with vegan products, Terry’s Facebook page offers people a way to “foster meaningful conversations about mental, spiritual, and physical health.”
Wellness Now products include sandalwood scented luxury body butter, lemongrass scented sugar scrub, and scented lemongrass candles.
Terry also offers the popular Patchouli Vanilla Musk luxury candle, handmade with a lead-free cotton wick and soy wax.
“It helps with anxiety, depression, and will uplift you creating a more peaceful environment,” Terry said.
Terry joins us on today’s Crime Stories to talk about her quest to help sex trafficking victims.
Also joining Nancy Grace:
- Darryl Cohen – Former Assistant District Attorney, Fulton County, Georgia
- Jeff Cortese – Former FBI Special Agent
- Ashley Kelly – Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Expertise: Child Abuse, Sex Trafficking
- Kim Checkeye – Expert in working with trafficking survivors: The National Trafficking Sheltered Alliance, The Samaritan Women Institute for Shelter Care
- Laurie Monteforte – Journalist, writer, and host of the documentary, “What Happened To The Girl Next Door”
National Human Trafficking Hotline 1-888-373-7888
“Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” is also a national radio show heard on SiriusXM channel 111 airing for two hours daily starting at 12 p.m. ET and around the country on local radio stations. You can also subscribe and download the daily podcasts at Apple Podcasts and Google Play.
[Feature Photo: Pixabay]