Vanessa Guillen: Army officials DENY sexual harassment allegations in connection with Fort Hood soldier

The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command said during a Thursday press conference that they have no credible information that Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen was sexually harassed, despite her family’s outcry that at least two people had harassed her.

Special Agent Phelps with U.S. Army CID said “no evidence” currently exists to back up claims of sexual harassment against 20-year-old Guillen, who disappeared from Fort Hood on April 22.

“We have no credible reports or information that Specialist Guillen was sexually assaulted,” Phelps said. “We are not aware of any official reports of sexual assault or sexual harassment.”

“We are aware that the Guillen family had made statements to the media concerning sexual harassment allegations, but again we have no further information at this time.”

Phelps said the investigation is still active and anyone with any credible information should contact them.

Doomsday death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch. 

CrimeOnline previously spoke with Guillen’s mother, Gloria, who said Guillen specifically told her she was being sexually harassed at the base.

“[Guillen] said it was stalking and verbal harassment. He would look at her some type of way that would make any woman feel uncomfortable,” Gloria, who speaks Spanish, said through her daughter, Mayra Guillen, who translated on her behalf.

Guillen told her mother that a sergeant would also follow her when she went jogging, something she did routinely to stay active. Gloria pushed for the sergeant’s name and wanted to report the incident but held off when Guillen promised her she would take care of it. A few weeks later, Guillen disappeared.

According to the Guillen family lawyer, Natalie Kwaham, the family said there were at least two men who sexually harassed Guillen; one of them walked in on her while she showered.

Guillen also told her mother that felt that the base was “evil,” and had trouble sleeping at night, something that never happened to her before. Guillen’s fear at the base was one of the reasons she didn’t want her mother to report the sergeant. She felt getting her mother too involved would lead to trouble for Gloria.

“She [Guillen] told her [Gloria] she wanted to take care of it. Well, now look at happened,” Mayra Guillen added, referencing her sister’s disappearance.

Gloria added that she doesn’t trust the military investigators assigned to the case, who have allegedly refused to answer her questions.

Suspects in Vanessa Guillen’s Disappearance

On early Wednesday morning, junior soldier Aaron Robinson shot himself in the head while being pursued by authorities. He’s been named as one of the suspects in Guillen’s disappearance.

Kwaham said Army officials told her on Wednesday afternoon that Robinson killed Guillen with a hammer after she threatened to expose his affair with the estranged wife of a former soldier.

The wife, identified by Kwaham as Cecily Aguilar, allegedly helped Robinson hack Guillen’s body parts with a machete and burn the evidence after Robinson brutally murdered Guillen inside an armory room at Fort Hood.

Aguilar was arrested on Wednesday for a third-degree felony.

Authorities uncovered human remains earlier this week, in a shallow grave at the Leon River, around 25 miles from Fort Hood. Texas EquuSearch founder, Tim Miller, said he was “99.9%” sure the remains were of Guillen, as crucial items of evidence were found near the grave.

Robinson and Aguilar are the only two suspects connected with the case at this time, according to Army officials.

Check back for updates.

Read all of our Vanessa Guillen coverage here. 

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Vanessa Guillen/Handout]