Aguilar and Guillen

Vanessa Guillen: Suspect accused of dismembering beloved soldier pleads NOT GUILTY after shaking her head ‘no’ at judge

A Texas woman accused of dismembering slain Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen appeared in federal court Tuesday afternoon.

Cecily Aguilar, 22, is facing three conspiracy to tamper with evidence charges after she allegedly helped her boyfriend, soldier Aaron Robinson, dismember 20-year-old Guillen after Robinson beat her to death with a hammer.

Aguilar had her first appearance earlier this month, through a Zoom video call due to coronavirus concerns. When a judge asked her if she understood the charges against her, Aguilar initially shook her head “no,” but eventually said, “Yeah, sure.”

Doomsday death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch. 

Aguilar pleaded not guilty to all three charges on Tuesday. A judge ordered her to be held without bail until trial.

The Statesman reports that a crowd of protesters gathered around the Waco courtroom Tuesday and shouted “Justice for Vanessa.”

If convicted, Aguilar faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Meanwhile, the Guillen family attorney, Natalie Kwaham. announced Tuesday that they plan to meet with President Donald Trump on July 29 in Washington D.C. to introduce the #IamVanessaGuillen bill. The bill aims to make sure what happens to Vanessa doesn’t happen to another solider.

“No one heard her screaming, no one saw her blood all over the room,” Kwaham said. “There were glass windows in this office. So, if that could have happened to Vanessa, this can happen to anyone. Our bill will make sure this never happens again.”

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Guillen was last seen alive on April 22 at around 1 p.m. at the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, in Fort Hood, Texas. Guillen left behind her car keys, barracks room key, identification card, and wallet in the Arms room, where she worked.

Someone called Guillen in to work on her day off, but it was not Robinson, according to a criminal complaint.

A witness, however, saw Guillen walk to an adjacent arms room, where Robinson was working on April 22. She never came out of the room. According to Kwaham, blood was left all over the room after Robinson bludgeoned her to death.

Etai Rogers-Fett, center, and Frida Larios, right, put finishing touches on a mural of slain Army Spc. Vanessa Guillen by them and artist Musah Swallah on 14th Street NW in Washington, Monday, July 13, 2020. Army officials say they will begin an independent review of the command climate at Fort Hood, examining claims and historical data of discrimination, harassment and assault, following calls for a more thorough investigation into the killing of the soldier from the Texas base. The mural was painted to pay respect to Venessa’s spirit. “The community is very shocked and heard her mother’s cry for help,” said Larios. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

Robinson hid Guillen’s body in a Pelican case, stored it to the side of the armory room, then left the base to buy supplies. He returned that evening and took the case to the Leon River area.

Kwaham said Robinson determined that he couldn’t dispose of Guillen himself and in turn, contacted Aguilar and asked her to help. Both Robinson and Aguilar drove to Leon River, then used a machete to hack Guillen’s body apart.

On April 26, the suspects returned to Leon River wearing hairnets and gloves. They used cement to encase Guillen’s body parts and lime and rocks to get rid of the evidence. They buried the hairnets and gloves at the crime scene, according to the criminal complaint, then drove home and burned the clothes they were wearing that day.

“Vanessa’s sister Mayra was arriving at the base; while was looking for her sister, they were dismembering her body,” Kwaham said during a previous “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” episode.

Cecily Aguilar Complaint in… by Leigh Egan on Scribd

After leaving the scene, the suspects allegedly threw the machete, hammer, and Guillen’s cellphone from a car window.

Although a witness saw Robinson leaving the base on April 22 with a Pelican case, no warrants were taken out until after investigators found the remains. When authorities pursued Robinson earlier this month, he shot himself in the head. He died at the scene.

Officials told Kwaham that Guillen’s face had been bludgeoned so badly that officials could barely use dental records since her teeth were smashed in during the gruesome attack

Check back for updates.

Read all of our Vanessa Guillen coverage here.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Vanessa Guillen/Handout]