New security footage has emerged that shows Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing mother, Jennifer Dulos, on the day she disappeared.
Fox News reports that two videos have been made public in connection with the case, which apparently shows Fotis Dulos as he removed plastic bags from his truck and placed them in a public dumpster in Hartford, Connecticut.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Jennifer was last seen on the morning of May 24, 2019, dropping her children off at the New Canaan Country School in the prominent New Canaan community.
Police eventually found the bags Fotis Dulos threw away. Inside the bags, they located incriminating evidence that allegedly tied him to his wife’s presumed death.
Fotis and Jennifer Dulos were in the process of a tumultuous divorce and a bitter battle for custody of the five children when she disappeared. Fotis Dulos was named a suspect after investigators found security footage of both him and his-the girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, allegedly dumping items off at numerous different trash cans at various businesses.
ABC 7 reports that Troconis’s lawyers released the videos, one of which shows Troconis in an interrogation room, as part of her case. She’s currently facing murder conspiracy charges.
The lawyers reportedly feel that the videos will prove Troconis didn’t willingly help Fotis Dulos get rid of the evidence.
“Allegations that she assisted in disposing of any items that they claim are relevant to the case is simply untrue,” defense attorney John Schoenhorn told Fox 61.
Both Dulos and Troconis were arrested in June 2019 after authorities said the pair tampered with evidence. According to the arrest affidavit, investigators found, in part:
- Bags of blood-stained clothing and sponges that Dulos allegedly dropped into trash cans at businesses in Connecticut
- Stains of blood on Jennifer’s garage floor
- Blood spatter in numerous areas of Jennifer’s home
- Dulos’ DNA mixed in with Jennifer’s blood on her kitchen faucet
- Obvious attempts to clean up the scene
- Altered Connecticut license plates that belonged to Dulos
- Security footage of Dulos driving his Ford pickup to various locations, dropping trash bags into different public trash receptacles
- Security footage of Troconis “leaning out of the passenger seat of the Ford pickup and either placing something on the ground or picking up an item”
- Blood DNA that matched to Jennifer inside the red pickup truck
Troconis and Dulos were later arrested again for another tampering with evidence charge.
Prosecutors accused Fotis Dulos of “lying in wait” for Jennifer to come home on May 24, when security footage captured her walking into her home at around 8:30 a.m.
A 35-page arrest warrant indicated that Dulos is also accused of bounding Jennifer with zip ties to restrain her before killing her. Connecticut Chief Medical Examiner James R. Gill stated that Jennifer Dulos probably endured a “non-survivable” injury which likely included stabbing and blunt force trauma.
Earlier this year, Fotis Dulos took his own life. He was found inside a black Chevrolet Suburban parked inside his garage at his Farmington mansion.
First responders rushed Dulos to the UConn Medical Center with a faint pulse. He was later airlifted to the Jacobi Medical Center in New York, where he was placed in a hyperbaric chamber. He was later pronounced dead.
Check back for updates.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Here is a previous episode on the case.
[Feature Photo: Jennifer Dulos/Handout]