Ad
Ad
Sebastian Duran

‘Senseless evil’: $20K reward offered for information on killer who shot 1-year-old boy in the head

An Arizona boy is dead after someone shot him and six others at a pop-up food vendor site. As the shooter remains on the run, authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest.

Fox News reports that 1-year-old Sebastian Duran passed away following a Friday night shooting in Mesa, near Dobson and Guadalupe roads.

Sebastian was among six other victims eating under tents by a food truck when someone jumped out of an SUV, which police described as a white Kia Soul or similar vehicle, and opened fire. Someone from the food trucks fired back and the vehicle fled headed west on Guadalupe Road toward Tempe.

The shooting left two of Sebastian’s siblings, ages 6 and 16, in critical condition, AZFamily reports.

Doomsday death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch.

“My family was just having dinner when out of nowhere they heard gunshots someone was shooting,” the children’s father, Gerardo Duran said.

 

Gerardo Duran and his wife Gisela remain at the bedside of their daughter, 6-year-old Citlali, who’s fighting for her life along with her teen brother. At the same time, the couple grieves the loss of Sebastian.

“Sebastian was a very happy boy; he was the best. I am sorry can’t talk anymore more about it,” Gerardo Duran said.

“If you know anything, please call the police so that justice can be done for my children” Don’t be afraid just call please.”

Did you see something? Say something!

Posted by City of Mesa Police Department on Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 

According to Mesa Police Chief Ken Cost, a man was seen assaulting a woman in the parking lot near the food trucks earlier on Friday. They quickly left when someone broke up the fight. Although police haven’t tied the couple to the shooting, they cannot rule them out at this time, AzCentral reports.

So far, authorities have not provided a physical description of the suspect(s). They’re hoping anyone in the area who may have seen something will contact them immediately.

“We want that information,” Cost said, adding that police are searching for videos or photos taken Friday night by anyone in the area. “We certainly will share information as we deem fit.”

Anyone with any information is urged to contact the Mesa Police Department at 480-664-2211 or 1-800-WITNESS. Tipsters can also send an email to Silent Witness and can remain anonymous.

Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Here is our latest episode. 

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Sebastian Duran/Mesa PD]