Ad
Ad

BREAKING: 4 children hospitalized after family uses charcoal grill to heat home amid Texas storms, power outages

Six people, including four children, were rushed to the hospital when a family tried to heat their home with a charcoal grill after intense storms and freezing temperatures swept through Texas.

According to ABC 13, the Cy-Fair Fire Department, based in Harris County, said that six people were taken to the hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities have not yet released the age or the conditions of the four children and two adults.

The icy winter storm has brought strong winds and plunging temperatures in areas of the U.S. that do not frequently esee extreme cold weather conditions. Many parts of Texas are experiencing power outages as a result of the storm.

The fire department reportedly issued a warning on Twitter, cautioning against using household appliances to heat homes.

“Please remember to never heat your home with a grill or oven, the Twitter post read. “Please remember to never run a generator or grill inside your home. These produce carbon monoxide, which is a deadly, colorless and odorless gas.”

This is a developing story and all information is preliminary. CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

[Feature image: AP Photo/David J. Phillip]