Ad

Aiden Fucci pleads NOT GUILTY to murder of 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey

The 14-year-old boy accused of brutally murdering his schoolmate and neighbor has pleaded not guilty a week after a judge ruled that he will be tried as an adult.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Fucci was arrested the day after the body of 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey was found on May 9 in a wooded area near a residence in St. Johns, Florida. Bailey’s parents had reported her missing earlier that day. Authorities have said that Bailey and Fucci were seen together on surveillance video footage not far from where her body was found after midnight on May 9. Fucci was seen again on surveillance footage alone hours later, carrying his shoes.

State Attorney R.J. Larizza said at the news conference last week that Fucci allegedly stabbed Bailey 114 times — and that Fucci had planned to kill someone, though he may not have originally intended to target Bailey.

“He had told friends that he was going to kill someone, and that it was imminent … he talked about that with his friends several times,” Larizza said at a news conference.

News4Jax reports that Fucci’s public defender entered a written not guilty plea on his client’s behalf on Thursday, and that the plea was accepted.

As previously reported, Fucci is believed to have posted a selfie to Snapchat that was taken in the back of a squad car during his arrest. He allegedly wrote, “Hey has anybody seen Tristyn,” as the caption.

Fucci is being held without bond.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode: