Samuel Olson and Theresa Balboa

SEE IT: Suspect in 6-year-old Samuel Olson’s death in court after neighbor says they heard ‘really loud scratching noises’ coming from apartment [VIDEO]

The woman accused of killing a 6-year-old Texas boy who was found dead last week appeared in court for a bond hearing Monday. And this weekend, a neighbor told a news outlet that she heard scratching noises coming from Balboa’s apartment the day after Samuel Olsen is believed to have died.

As ABC 13 reports, Theresa Balboa appeared in court in Houston Monday morning when a judge raised her bond on an separate assault charge to $100,000. Balboa was previously being held on $500,000 bond after her arrest last week on charges in 6-year-old Samuel Olsen’s death, bringing the total to $600,000.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Samuel Olson’s father Dalton Olson reported him missing on May 27; presumably after Balboa, who he was dating, told him that Samuel’s mother and a man dressed as a police officer came to her home and demanded she hand over the little boy. Balboa gave the same story to the police and the media after Samuel was reported missing, but Samuel’s mother was able to provide evidence that Balboa was not telling the truth.

READ MORE: Samuel Olson: Suspect tells roommate boy is dead weeks before he’s reported missing

An arrest affidavit shows that Balboa called her roommate on May 10 and told him that Samuel was dead. The roommate came to the apartment and allegedly helped Balboa move the boy’s body into the bathtub and three days later into a storage unit. On June 1, a friend of Balboa’s called in a tip that Balboa could be found at a hotel in Jasper with the boy’s body. Police reported to the hotel where they found Balboa and a decomposing body that is believed to be Samuel Olsen’s remains.

Balboa has been charged with tampering with evidence – human corpse. According to ABC News, a prosecutor said in court on Monday that Balboa will likely face additional charges.

As ABC 13 reports, Balboa was out on bond for an assault charge in which Dalton Olsen was the alleged victim. Dalton Olsen has said that Balboa was caring for his son since April 30 and insisted he had nothing to do with the boy’s death.

It is not yet known if prosecutors are expected to charge any additional suspects.

Tiffany Schultz told The Sun that she, her fiancé Andrew, and her newborn baby moved into the apartment next door to Balboa’s on May 11. Early the next morning, Schultz said they heard very loud scratching noises coming from Balboa’s apartment.

“The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud,” Schultz reportedly said. “It lasted for a good 10 or 15 minutes. I was like, ‘Baby, I’m scared.’ He [Andrew] was like, ‘It’s OK.’ He started banging on the wall to try and make it go away.”

“I’ve heard loud scratching from animals before and it wasn’t that, I don’t believe they had animals. We didn’t hear any other noises, it was strange.”

Schultz added that she was aware Samuel Olson was missing when she and her family moved in to the apartment.

As ABC 13 report, a preliminary autopsy could be completed as early as Monday afternoon.

CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast: Listen to a related episode.