A former FBI agent says that authorities have probably already named a suspect in Gabby Petito’s death, although the person has yet to be named publicly.
“This can of course include him (Brian Laundrie) as being the attacker or responsible person for causing Gabby Petito’s death or it could exclude him,” Former FBI agent Stuart Kaplan told ABC 25.
So far, 23-year-old Brian Laundrie has been named a person of interest in Petito’s death, but now that her death is known to be caused by strangulation, authorities may have named him as a suspect behind closed doors.
“That piece of information, I would bet, has gone into grand jury – there is now a sealed indictment for the apprehension for the person who is responsible for the death of Gabby Petito,” Kaplan said.
Kaplan added that the details in the indictment probably won’t be made public until the suspect is apprehended.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Laundrie is already wanted on a felony warrant following the death of Petito. Laundrie and Petito embarked on their cross-country trip in July, but by September 1, Laundrie returned to his parents’ North Port, Florida, home with Petito’s van, sans Petito.
On September 19, authorities found Gabby’s deceased body in a remote area at the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.
Authorities issued a federal warrant for Laundrie for allegedly using a Capitol One Bank debit card without permission after Gabby passed away. Laundrie is said to have used the card between August 30 and September 1, “knowingly and with intent to defraud.”
Laundrie’s parents have insisted they have no clue where he is. They claimed he left their residence with a backpack on and headed to the Carlton Reserve on September 13. They reported him missing four days later.
Check back for updates.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to a related episode.
[Feature Photo: Instagram]