Logan Mwangi

Stepdad, Mother & Teen Brutally Murder Beloved Boy, Hidden Away After Testing Positive for Covid: Prosecutor

A Young South Wales boy is dead and police say his own family killed him and went to extreme measures to cover up the crime.

According to The Guardian, Angharad Williamson, 30, and her boyfriend, John Cole, 40, are accused of killing 3-year-old Logan Mwangi. An unnamed 14-year-old boy who lived in the family home is also accused of participating in the boy’s murder.

During their trial at the crown court in Cardiff, jurors listened as a 999 call was played of Williamson reporting the boy missing in July 2021. Williamson claimed she woke up to find Logan missing from the home and added, “my back gate is open.”

“He can’t be on his own, there’s no parent with him; he must be scared,” Williamson told the 999 dispatcher.

Investigators said the 999 call was a ruse to throw off the truth that Williamson, the 14-year-old, and Cole murdered Logan while he was quarantined with the Covid-19 virus and unable to go outside or see anyone.


Police found Logan shortly after the 999 call. He was wearing mismatched pajamas and lying deceased in a river, BBC reports. Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said the child had “significant injuries to his internal organs and his brain which caused his death.”

“The prosecution’s case is that Logan was murdered and each of these three defendants played their part in the killing of that five-year-old child,” Rees said.

The victim was taken to the Princess of Wales Hospital, where a pathologist said he had injuries “so extreme you would expect to find them as a result of a fall from a great height or a high-velocity road traffic accident.”

Rees added that Logan has 56 external injuries caused by blunt force trauma.

“The prosecution say that Logan died as a result of a brutal and sustained assault upon him which happened inside the home. It is the use of forceful violence which caused the catastrophic injuries found at post-mortem.”

Previous Video Coverage

Further, security camera footage reportedly showed the 14-year-old and Cole leaving their home during early hours on July 21, 2021. Cole was apparently carrying something in his arms, which turned out to be the child’s body, the prosecution said.

“Angharad Williamson must have been awake and up and about, fully aware Logan had died and that his body had been dumped in the river by her partner – disposed of like they were fly-tipping rubbish,” Rees told the court.

Williamson, according to Rees, later admitted that there was an “incident on 29 July when Logan was seriously assaulted by Cole and the youth who were acting together.” Williamson is accused of doing nothing to help the boy.

The trial continues and is expected to last around eight weeks. Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to our latest episode below. 

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Feature Photo: Handout]