Ana Walshe

Ana Walshe: Police Log Shows Missing Mom’s Employer Contacted Police Before Husband

Police logs in Cohasset, Massachusetts, indicate that missing mom Ana Walshe’s husband didn’t report her missing until after her employer did.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Ana, 37, was last seen by a family member in her Cohasset apartment between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. on January 1, according to Cohasset police Chief William Quigley.

Her husband, Brian Walshe, was arrested for hindering a missing person investigation after police said he lied about his whereabouts on New Year’s Day and the day after.

According to court documents, Brian Walshe told police that she left home on January 1 to travel to Washington, D.C., where she works. He allegedly claimed she took an Uber or Lyft from home to the airport; however, prosecutors said there is no evidence of her leaving the home that day.

Boston 25 News reports that the “head of security at Tishman Speyer in Washington D.C.,” where Ana works, contacted police on January 4 for a welfare check. The company contacted Brian Walshe before reporting her missing, according to police logs.

The “company has contacted the husband,” the head of security told police, adding that Brian Walshe “had not filed a missing person report.”

Brian Walshe, of Cohasset, faces a Quincy Court judge charged with impeding the investigation into his wife Ana’ disappearance from their home Monday, Jan. 9, 2023. (Greg Derr/The Patriot Ledger via AP, Pool)

The log also indicates that the defendant told the employer that he hadn’t seen his wife since she left home for D.C. Further, it states Ana’s phone pinged near Reservoir Road in Cohasset on January 2, less than a mile from her home with Walsh.

Meanwhile, investigators continue to process evidence at the Massachusetts State Crime Laboratory. Massachusetts attorney Philip Tracy Jr. told Boston 25 that the process could take weeks, if not longer.

“You can never be premature in the processing of a case like this, where we are missing a body,” he said. “The public wants to know right away, but they can’t know it until it’s proof.. until it’s boxed together.”

Brian Walshe said he went to his mother’s home on January 1, but it took longer than he expected because he got lost. According to what he said, he stopped by a CVS and a Whole Foods store that day, but prosecutors say there is no evidence or receipts that he stopped by those stores.

He then reportedly claimed he went out to get smoothies with his sons on January 2 and didn’t leave home again, but surveillance footage shows him also going to a Home Depot store to buy $450 worth of cleaning supplies.

“He’s on surveillance at that time on Jan. 2, even though he said he never left the house, police obtained a search warrant and actually searched the house with crime scene services. During that time, they found blood in the basement,” Norfolk Assistant District Attorney Lynn Beland said.

“Blood was found in the basement area, as well as a knife, which also contained some blood.”

Quigley said Ana’s cellphone, credit card, and debit cards have not been used since New Year’s Day.

A judge set his bail at $500,000.

The defendant was already wearing an ankle monitor in connection with a different case. Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Featured image: Ana Walshe/Instagram]