Testimony continued Monday afternoon in the Letecia Stauch murder trial; she stands accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch.
Former intelligence analyst with the Colorado Springs Police Department, Kevin Clark, returned to the stand Friday afternoon and continued his testimony regarding search queries on Stauch’s phones, made between the time Gannon disappeared through March 2020, when she was arrested in South Carolina.
Among numerous searches from changing her identity to dead body decomposition, Stauch also searched for Casey Anthony, a Florida mother who was acquitted of killing her daughter, Caylee, in 2011. Stauch also searched for “Casey Anthony and Patrick McKenna,” Clark said.
As CrimeOnline reported, prosecutors say Stauch stabbed, shot, and beat Gannon inside the family’s El Paso County home in Colorado, on January 27, 2020. Months later, his body was found stuffed into a suitcase beneath a bridge in Pace, Florida.
Stauch is now on trial at the El Paso County Court, facing first-degree murder and related charges. She has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity
Other searches found on her phone, in part, included:
- When does FBI take over a case
- Make a fake Snapchat video
- How long does a body start to decompose in a bag
- How does the FBI find people
- I need to change my look to hide
- I need a fake ID that’s legit
- how can I make my phone’s IP address hidden
- I need a new social security number to hide
- Fingerprint rubber
- Fingerprint rubber to make fingerprint
- How to make my fingerprints not scan
- What does a dead body look like after a month
- Do they check in ditches under bridges
- Can I get a plea with no jail time
- Active drug cartels in Mexico
Some other searches on Letecia Stauch’s phone from February 27 through March 1, 2020 include: pic.twitter.com/QYSAaUknQa
— Ashley Portillo (@AshleyPorteeyo) May 1, 2023
During her trip from Colorado back to her home state of South Carolina, a GPS on a rental van indicated that she traveled through various states, including Florida and Texas. While in Florida, she searched for jobs and apartments, Clark said.
Clark’s testimony concludes the prosecution’s witnesses. DA Michael Allen plans to rest the prosecution’s case tomorrow morning.
Letecia Stauch is facing charges of:
- Murder in the First Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f))
- Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5
- Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a)
Check back for updates.
CLICK HERE to see all of our coverage on Gannon Stauch
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to a previous episode on the case below.
Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.
[Feature Photo: Gannon Stauch via Landen Hiott]