Actor and director Timoth Busfield has pleaded not guilty to child sexual contact charges after allegedly abusing two young actors.
Busfield pleaded not guilty on February 10, following testimony before a grand jury in Bernalillo County, Arizona, on February 6. He’s facing four felony counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor, People magazine reported.
On Wednesday, Judge Joseph Montano granted Busfield’s February 11 request to waive his arraignment and appearances in court for all pretrial proceedings.
A scheduling conference has been set for March 10; Busfield’s legal representatives are confirmed to be in attendance at the 8:30 a.m hearing.
Grand Jury Indicts Timothy Busfield on 4 Counts in Child Sexual Abuse Case
As CrimeOnline previously reported, the alleged incidents reportedly happened to twin brothers on the set of “The Cleaning Lady,” between 2022 and 2024, a criminal complaint stated.
One of the children told investigators that Busfield touched his “private areas” on numerous occasions when he was seven years old, and touched him inappropriately again, several times, when he turned eight, a warrant stated.
Previous Video Coverage
In October 2025, the children’s mother filed a police report. She told Child Protective Services (CPS) that the siblings “both disclosed that there was sexual abuse by Timothy from around November 2022 to Spring 2024,” according to the warrant.
A criminal complaint, however, indicated that during questioning with Albuquerque police in November, Busfield admitted that it was “highly likely” that he would have touched the children on that particular set, as it was a “playful environment.”
Check back for updates.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.
[Feature Photo: Timothy Busfield/Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office]