Double murder suspect denies killing parents but admits to cleaning bloody massacre, stuffing brutally murdered bodies in shed and stealing their car: Police

An Idaho man allegedly beat, strangled and stabbed his parents to death and then tried to hide their bodies in a shed.

William Taylor, 48, faces two counts of first-degree murder as well as two counts of failure to notify of a death in connection with the killings, KTVB-TV reports.

The charges come after authorities last month discovered the decomposing bodies of his parents, Paul Taylor, 76, and Mary Taylor, 77. Investigators believe the pair died days earlier.

Police found the bodies hidden in a shed on the couple’s property in Nampa, Idaho, about 20 miles west of Boise. At least one of the bodies had been wrapped in a tarp and fastened with duct tape.

Autopsy results show Paul Taylor was violently strangled and beaten; he had a broken bone in his throat and massive skull fractures. Jane Taylor was struck in the head with a blunt object and stabbed in the neck 10 times; her throat also was slashed, according to the autopsy.

Police made the gruesome discovery after someone notified relatives of the couple about a foul smell emanating from the shed. Family members opened the shed, spotted what looked like a body and then called authorities, court documents state.

Investigators observed drag marks between the house and the shed and also noted that William Taylor, who had been living with his parents, was missing, as was the couple’s pickup truck.

Later hat night, officers reportedly found Taylor and the truck at a rest stop near Terrebonne, Oregon. Taylor had allegedly swapped the truck’s license plate with plates he had taken from a stolen car.

In talking with police, Taylor denied that he killed his parents and said that he found them dead in the house. He claimed he was drinking and “afraid and didn’t know what to do after he found his parents, so he took his dad’s truck and left,” court records state.

Asked why there appeared to be blood on his shoes, Taylor told deputies that after he found his parents, he tried to clean the scene and “roll them up and move them.”

Taylor asserted that he found his mom dead in his bedroom and his dad dead on the bed in the couple’s master bedroom.

When police told Taylor that he was a suspect in the deaths, he stopped talking, according to court records obtained by the news station.

“I don’t think I should say anything else without a lawyer, or until I sober up.”

Police executed a search warrant on the couple’s home and discovered a pool of blood in Taylor’s room in addition to blood on the walls and floor of the master bedroom.

Blood trails and drag marks within the home also were visible, and the patio looked like it had been recently washed off using a hose.

Investigators discovered bloody towels and a pillow inside a trashcan on the patio, in addition to other items.

Authorities also found handwritten lists in Taylor’s bedroom, including one that said, “Shave, Shower, City Council, Crime.”

A neighbor of the couple reported to police that Taylor told her his parents were out of town and couldn’t take her to church. She saw him driving the pickup truck two days later.

And the couple’s daughter told authorities that Taylor called her to say their mom and dad were traveling to the Oregon coast and had spotty cell phone coverage.

Another person reported that Taylor announced he was moving his dog into the home, which the person said was “strange” because the parents did not want pets living with them.

Surveillance video showed Taylor buying duct tape, cleaning supplies, a scrub brush, a padlock and trash bags at various stores. He also used his parents’ credit card to buy gas in Oregon.

Since being arrested, Taylor has been extradited back to Idaho and is in jail on a $1 million bond. His next court date is Oct. 19.

Taylor faces up to life in prison or the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder.