Video allegedly shows officer throwing twin sisters by hair in brutal takedown

A New Jersey officer is under fire after he was allegedly recorded taking down twin sisters outside Orange High School on Thursday. reported that the officer involved, Hanifah Davis, was suspended as authorities conduct a full investigation. His suspension comes after video supposedly caught him grabbing Nyasia and Kyasia Sorrells by the hair and throwing them to the ground.

“We got attacked,” Kyasia Sorrells explained to the paper on Friday. “He was, I guess, trying to clear the ave. He was bumping into people and grabbed me.”

Nyasia said she was in a nearby pizza shop when she saw Davis pummeling her sister and came to her aid.

“I’m trying to get him off of her, and he grabbed my hair and started like slamming me into the floor,” Nyasia said.

At one point, Davis is supposedly seen striking and restraining Vice Principal Mohammed Abdelaziz as he tries to diffuse the chaotic situation.

The twins were charged with obstruction and resisting arrest; one of them is facing aggravated assault charges. WNBC reported that Abdelaziz was reportedly ticketed for his involvement.

“The issuance of that ticket is part of the investigation,” the Orange Police Department and Mayor Dwayne Warren said in a statement provided to

Hundreds of students, along with several teachers, reportedly protested in front of the police station on Friday morning. Orange Police Director Todd Warren later said he applauded the students for exercising their rights.

“I was proud of them because they were participating in a peaceful demonstration,” he told WABC.

It’s still unclear why police were at the scene and if the twins had any interaction with officers before someone began recording.

Despite this, the girls and their parents are calling for the officer to be fired and prosecuted.

“Anybody who got kids, feel the same way right now. They’re here to protect and serve. Who they protecting? What they serving? Brutality?” the teens’ father, Mike Sorrells, told WPIX.

The city also said that the Orange Police Department and Essex County Prosecutor’s Office are investigating Thursday’s incident.

“This matter is being taken seriously by the Orange Police Department and the Warren Administration,” the statement said. “All the facts will be shared with the public as soon as they are available.”

[Featured Image: WCMH (screenshot)]