Man decapitates wife in front of their two young children before sticking her head in freezer

A Texas man who admitted to decapitating his wife in front of their two young children and storing her head in the family freezer was sentenced on Friday.

Davie Dauzat, now 24, will spend 52 behind bars for the August 2016 murder of his wife, Natasha Dauzat, 21. An autopsy report stated that Natasha died from 43 knife wounds and “sharp-force injuries, including decapitation,” the Waco Herald-Tribune reported.

Police arrived at the Bellmead home on August 25 after Davie had called his brother and admitted to killing Natasha. The brother had contacted police earlier that day after getting a weird call from Davie. However, officers performing the initial welfare check determined there was no cause for concern.

“There was no indication from Natasha or Davie that either of them was in distress or in need of police intervention at that time. They both appeared calm and expressed their curiosity why the police were there,” police said, according to KWTX.

Officers who knocked on the couple’s door a second time were reportedly met by a bloodied Davie who quickly opened and closed the door. The station reported that police evacuated the mobile home park until Davie surrendered later that night.

The Herald-Tribune reported that Davie told investigators he used a knife to kill his wife while their 1-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter were home. He also claimed he had used drugs earlier that day but it’s unclear what he took other than the marijuana he smoked with Natasha.

The victim’s family pushed for a plea agreement to spare the two children from enduring a trial where they would have to recall the grisly details of their mother’s murder.

Reports indicate that Davie could be eligible for parole after completing half his term.

“It is certainly a tragedy for everybody involved in the situation and I think it highlights the dangers that drugs play in our society. I certainly think that factored into everything and I think it is a tragedy,” defense attorney Joseph Marcee told the Herald-Tribune.

“My client took responsibility for his actions today and that is something he wanted to do.”


[Featured Image: Davie Duzat/McClennan County Jail]