Killer who blew kiss at courtroom after conviction gets forced to repeatedly listen to victim’s family statements on ride to prison

A convicted killer who refused to listen to his murder victim’s family in court was reportedly forced to hear their statements–five times over to be exact–on his way to prison.

Jeffrey Willis was convicted in November of the murder of Rebekah Bletsch. Authorities believe Willis shot and killed Bletch in June 2014 after she refused to get in his van–possibly thwarting his plans to sexually torture and kill her, according to

WOOD-TV reported that Bletsch’s body was found along a rural road where she was jogging.

Just an FYI – Although Jeffrey Willis left the courtroom to avoid hearing the family address the court, he instead got to listen to them 5 times via CD in the police car on the way to prison.

Posted by Tony Laskowicz on Wednesday, December 20, 2017


With Bletch’s family set to deliver impact statements in court on Monday, Willis’ attorney announced that his client didn’t “desire” to be present to hear the statements or the conclusion of his sentencing hearing.

The judge allowed Willis to leave court, noting that there’s no law requiring him to be present for proceedings. Amid chants of “coward,” the inmate turned around to blow a kiss before exiting the courtroom, according to the station.

Though he was granted his request, Muskegon County Sheriff Michael Poulin had different plans.

Rebekah Bletsch
Rebekah Bletsch [Image: Facebook] reported that Poulin recorded the statements and delivered a 25-minute CD to two transport officers, who played the disc five times over as they took Willis from the Muskegon County Jail to an inmate processing center in Jackson.

Poulin later confirmed to WOOD-TV that Willis, who was sentenced to life without parole, listened to Bletsch’s sisters and mother’s recorded statements during his trip Wednesday morning.

This isn’t the last time the convicted killer will appear in court. WOOD-TV also reported that Willis will stand trial early next year for the April 2013 kidnapping and murder of Jessica Heeringa, 25.

[Featured Image: Jeffrey Willis/WOOD-TV]