VIDEO: Police allegedly use stun gun on nurse who refused to leave emergency room

Footage apparently shows police in Tennessee using a stun gun on a registered nurse who refused to leave the emergency room.

The Times Free Press reported that Roger Davis, 42, a nurse at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, was arrested Thursday night following reports of an assault. Davis’ mother was a patient at the hospital; staff claimed he was acting belligerently as they treated her in the emergency room.

Arriving officers allegedly spotted Davis in the lobby speaking loudly about the disagreement in the emergency room. When told to keep his volume down, the nurse reportedly told them that he was talking to his father and said he would continue. Officers then told him he would have to leave if he was going to continue to yell, to which he responded, “Then do it,” the Free Press reported.

“At this point, I placed my hand on his arm to escort him out the door. As I did this, Mr. Davis started swinging his arms in an attempt to keep me from making him leave,” Chattanooga police officer Sarah Rogers said, according to ABC News. “I attempted to take Mr. Davis into custody. Mr. Davis continued swinging his arms and fists at one point punching Officer Woody in the face busting his lip.”

Rogers claimed she and partner Woody continued to tell him to put his hands behind his back and stop resisting. Not only did it not work, but Davis told them to “go ahead” and use a stun gun on him, she said.

When a takedown technique was unsuccessful, Rogers said that’s what they did.

“I pulled my Taser. I placed it on Mr. Davis’ chest and advised three times if he would not stop resisting…I would deploy my Taser. Mr. Davis finally rolled over on his stomach and we were able to place him into custody,” she said.

ABC News reported that Davis had ignored staff and the hospital vice president’s demands to leave. On Monday, the hospital issued a statement to WTVC thanking Chattanooga police for their work.

“Because of their diligence, patient care in the emergency department was in no way impacted as a result of this isolated incident,” Erlanger spokeswoman Jennifer Tittsworth said.

Despite their comments, the man who recorded the incident to WTVC that he believed the officers were in the wrong. Ethan Raymond also claimed that the police report is false, claiming Davis was punched in the face by officers, not the other way around.

“He was trying to leave but the woman kept stopping him, it was almost like she was wanting to pick a fight,” Raymond explained.

Davis is charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assault on police. He is scheduled to appear in court on May 2.

This is at Erlanger

Posted by Ethan Raymond on Thursday, April 26, 2018

[Featured Image: Facebook]