‘Nothing but evil plans for her’: Pair charged with murder of Sydney Loofe, who disappeared after Tinder date

Prosecutors in Nebraska charged two suspects with the first-degree murder of a young woman whose body was discovered in a remote farming area in December.

While it’s still unclear how Sydney Loofe died, the Lincoln Journal Star reported that the last two people to see her alive, Aubrey Trail, 53, and Bailey Boswell, 23, were charged Monday for the 24-year-old’s murder. Trail and Boswell had recently moved to an apartment in Wilber, where they dealt antiques and rare coins, according to the Omaha World-Herald.

The charges come months after Trail reportedly confessed that Loofe died of suffocation after her November 16 date with Boswell. Trail told the World-Herald in February that Loofe participated in a consensual sexual encounter with him and at least two other women. However, he said Boswell was on drugs at the time and wasn’t in the room when Loofe died.

“It wasn’t supposed to go to the extreme it went, of course not,” Trail told the newspaper, adding that something was around Loofe’s neck when she died.

“It wasn’t meant that she was to die.”

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Loofe’s body was discovered in rural Clay County in early December. Loofe was reported missing a day after she posted about going on an online date. Police initially called her disappearance “concerning.”

READ More: Woman who vanished after Tinder date found dead, police suspect foul play

Trail and Boswell reportedly gave their side of the story in a now-deleted video that was posted to “Finding Sydney,” a Facebook page Loofe’s family created to collect tips pertaining to the missing 24-year-old. In it, they claimed they had contacted officers and never heard back. Boswell also claimed the pair went on two dates which both entailed smoking marijuana together before she dropped Loofe off.

Despite their claims, the district attorney’s office ultimately decided to charge Trail and Boswell with premeditated murder as opposed to an accidental death.

The World-Herald reported that the pair has been jailed since November, when they were arrested for scamming a couple out of $375,000 in a plot that involved buying a rare coin from overseas. They eventually pleaded guilty to federal charges and are awaiting sentencing.

“She was looking for that one special person with whom she could spend time,” the parents reportedly wrote on a Facebook page dedicated to the slain woman.

“She took to Tinder to look for that person and unfortunately, found someone that had nothing but evil plans for her.”

[Featured image: Sydney Loofe/Lincoln Police Department]