Prosecutors have officially charged reality television star Farrah Abraham with battery and resisting arrest following last month’s altercation at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
According to TMZ, Abraham, 27, struck a security guard and argued with police during the June 13 incident. Now, she’s facing 18 months in jail if convicted of both misdemeanor charges.
Reports indicated that Abraham got into a fight with some guests in the lobby, prompting a security guard to ask her to leave. Abraham reportedly struck the guard several times in his face and pushed him during the scuffle. Police sources told multiple outlets that Abraham appeared inebriated on the night in question.
Video obtained by TMZ caught a belligerent Abraham denying to police that an assault had occurred.
“If you want to f**king bulls**t me and if you want to act like I’m not a real adult, go f**k yourself and go f**k your self and go f**k yourself,” she was heard saying in the video.
“It’s pathetic…Where am I battering anyone?…I did not attack or batter or hurt or injure anyone.”
The 27-year-old was ultimately arrested for misdemeanor battery and trespassing pursuant to a private person’s arrest and released after posting $500 bail.
“It’s false and I’m not charged…I’m not guilty of any trespassing or battery,” Abraham told Us Weekly in light of Monday’s news.
Abraham’s rep. went on to tell the magazine that the incident has been “blown out of proportion.”
“Farrah has not been charged and was released this afternoon. A misunderstanding occurred and there was no battery or trespassing,” they said. “She is a very sweet and ambitious young woman who has been portrayed in a biased light on reality television studios.”
The “Teen Mom” alum is scheduled to appear in court on August 13.
[Featured image: Farrah Abraham/Rich Fury/Invision/AP, File]