Mom pleads for answers in son’s ‘falling death’ amid death threats by ex-girlfriend added to life insurance policy taken out only days before: REPORT

A California mother is desperately searching for answers in the death of her beloved son, whose lifeless body was discovered after apparently plunging from a high cliff earlier this year. She said she has reason to believe the man’s former girlfriend, who was reportedly with him on the day of his death, may be involved, KTVU reports.

Heather Lundborn’s son, 21-year-old Tyler Silva, was last seen alive while hiking along a cliffside trail overlooking Muir Beach on December 3. Officials say his body was found by kayakers a week later about two miles away near Stinson Beach, located approximately 20 miles northwest of San Francisco alongside Mount Tamalpais State Park.

Lundborn said her son’s unidentified former girlfriend was named as a beneficiary on a life insurance policy taken out only three days prior to Silva’s death, leading to suspicion surrounding the true cause—which the East Bay Times reports isn’t yet known but remains under investigation by law enforcement with the Golden Gate National Recreation area. While authorities believe the man did indeed plunge to his death, they say the circumstances leading up to the fall aren’t yet known.

“It came to light that there was a life insurance policy, that the person named and inserted as beneficiary was the person with my son [his ex-girlfriend] when he went missing,” Lundborn told KTVU.

And the suspicions do not end with the life insurance policy, according to the grieving mother, who said Silva chillingly spoke to her of death threats before dying.

“My son approached me prior to his death, telling me that there had been an attempt on his life,” said Lundborn. While he didn’t want to provide her any details, he did say the threat involved “the same person he was with when he died,” according to the woman.

Further, Lundborn’s frustrations are mounting as she remains apprehensive about the work of law enforcement involving the case. According to the woman, it has been “266 days with no return phone calls to the people that said, ‘Hey, I have information, please come talk to me.'”

“I’m devastated, not only with the loss of my child, but i’m confused over why there has not been more movement.”

Last Monday, the determined mom, along with dozens of friends, took to the U.S. Park rangers Sausalito building to ensure Silva’s case is still being worked.

“Just to find answers for Tyler, because we feel like there could be more done,” said Dakota Conners, a friend of Silva.

A spokesman for the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Charlie Strickfaden, said officials also want answers.

“We realize they [Silva’s family and friends] would like answers, as do we. We would like to close this investigation out.”

While investigators aren’t able to elaborate about the ongoing case at this time, they say it hasn’t fallen through the cracks.

“We couldn’t get into any speculation,” Strickfaden said. “We definitely appreciate that Ms. Lundbom and her friends and family have their opinions, and we’re going to let the investigation take its course.”

Loved ones described Silva to the East Bay Times as an “adventurous spirit” who loved the outdoors and activities such as skydiving, snowboarding, wakeboarding and longboarding.

“He was passionate about the adrenaline rush,” his uncle, Rich Johnson, said.

A cousin spoke of what a giving and selfless person Silva is being remembered as.

“[He] could have $5, and if someone needed it, he would give them $6,” Megan Jojo said. “He would go over the top to make sure that people…were comfortable.”

This is a developing story, check back with CrimeOnline for the latest news.

[Feature photo: Tyler Silva, Facebook]