Mom accused of killing toddler learned day before murder he may be sent back to foster care: Report

Recently-obtained records revealed that a caseworker informed the parents of Florida toddler Jordan Belliveau that he could be sent back to foster case a day before his mother allegedly killed him.

An August 31 reprimand obtained by The Tampa Bay Times revealed that Charisse Stinson, 21, and Jordan Belliveau Sr., 22, had been missing required check-ins and failed to report a domestic violence incident in July, where Belliveau had assaulted Stinson during an argument over their son. The newspaper reported that the pair had broken up after the 2-year-old returned from foster care.

The case manager reportedly told the pair that the ongoing issues need to be fixed “like ASAP.” Stinson reported her son missing 24 hours later.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, police issued an AMBER Alert after Stinston claimed a man named Antwan knocked her unconscious and took her son after she accepted a ride from him. It was three days later when his body was found in a wooded area near Largo Sports Complex.

Police said Stinston ultimately admitted to killing her son by hitting him so hard that his head collided with a wall, causing seizures. Reports indicated that the toddler was still having seizures when Stinson left him for dead in the woods.

The Tampa Bay Times noted that two child welfare agencies released hundreds of pages of information Wednesday regarding the ongoing contact they had with Belliveau and his parents.

Belliveau was an infant when he was first placed into foster care, following reports of gang activity near his home. The newspaper reported that the toddler spent most of his life in foster care but his parents were involved in his life.

Documents indicated that the parents regained custody by undergoing counseling and moving into a stable, safe home. While a lawyer for the state expressed concern regarding Stinson’s background check and her counseling, a judge dismissed the possible safety concerns as “generalities.”

Alarmingly, it was a day before that hearing when Stinson called police on the toddler’s father, alleging that he struck her because he had dropped their son off at her place too early. The Tampa Bay Times learned that Largo police didn’t report the incident to the state abuse hotline.

Stinson is charged with first-degree murder. She’s being held without bond


[Featured image: Charisse Stinson/Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office; Jordan Belliveau/Largo Police Department]