Ad
Ad

Teen girl electrocuted after checking plugged-in smartphone while showering: Reports

A 17-year-old girl in northern France reportedly died after she checked her smartphone while taking a shower and electrocuted herself.

Per Daily Mail, the incident occurred in Outreau on November 13. The unnamed teen is said to have electrocuted herself when she grabbed the cellphone—which was plugged into the wall with an old charging plug and a damaged cable.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

The Sun reported that the showering teen was checking a notification on the plugged-in phone when she dropped it, likely coming into contact with water.

The teen is believed to have suffered a deadly heart attack caused by the electric shock. The girl’s mother found her unresponsive in the bathtub and she called for help, according to the Mail.

The girl’s identity, in addition to the model of phone and charger, is unknown at this point in time.

An autopsy is scheduled to confirm an exact cause of death.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured Image: Pixabay]