‘Daddy, I love you’: Little boy’s last words before dying of possible allergic reaction to cooking fish smell

An 11-year-old New Jersey boy apparently suffered a fatal allergic reaction to fish being cooked by his grandmother on New Year’s Day.

Speaking with the New York Daily News, Steven Jean-Pierre recalled desperately performing CPR on his son, Camron, after he used a portable nebulizer for his asthma with no improvement. The boy reportedly lost consciousness at his grandmother’s Brooklyn, New York, home and was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly thereafter.

“I tried to give him the CPR and he came back but I wish I knew (how) to keep pumping him because he woke up and I felt his heart and everything. But I stopped and sat him up to make him feel better,” the heartbroken father said through tears.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Steven said Camron had a history of asthma and minor panic attacks. He was reportedly aware of his son’s fish allergy, telling the New York Post that they arrived at Cameron’s grandmother’s home as she prepared a cod dinner.

The father claimed he called 911 after his son expressed difficulty breathing even after taking a nebulizer treatment.

“He told me, ‘Daddy, I love you. I love you,” he recalled his son’s final words. “He gave me two kisses.”

A spokeswoman with the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York City told The Washington Post that they haven’t confirmed a cause of death. WNBC reported that police don’t suspect any foul play was involved in Camron’s death.

“That was my prince, man,” Steven said of his late son to the Daily News. “He was my everything. Everything.”

Join Nancy Grace for her new video series new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Camron Jean-Pierre/GoFundMe]