‘Watch out, if I’m dead…they did it’: Man asks for help while using Facebook Live at police station, inexplicably dies [Report]

A New Jersey man, apparently while under the influence of drugs, died at a hospital on Saturday, after entering a police station seeking help. Sometime during the transfer his family believes he suffered a broken cheekbone and fractured eye socket, according to reports. Part of the incident was recorded via Facebook Live.

The incident began just before 3 a.m., when Jameek Lowery, 27, dialed 911 for assistance, “saying he had taken ecstasy and was paranoid,” NBC 4 reported, citing a preliminary probe into the matter by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office.

After he was taken to an area hospital, he reportedly “became erratic and left.”

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Less than an hour later, the man called 911 again “from a Wendy’s restaurant near Broadway and Memorial Drive.” He told dispatchers that he believed his life to be in danger.

At approximately 4 a.m., Lowery captured himself via Facebook Live attempting to get help at a Paterson police station, according to northjersey.com.

“Please, don’t shoot me,” the man said while on Facebook Live, apparently perspiring while requesting water from the officers. “They’re trying to kill me…I didn’t hurt nobody,” he said, while repeatedly telling police officers he’s “just paranoid.”

When he asked again for a glass of water, the officer reportedly said, “they have water at the hospital.”

“They just kicked me out. They beat me up in the hospital. The ambulance, all of the security guards in there. Please don’t kill me officers.”

“Watch out, if I’m dead by the next hour or two, they did it,” he continued in the video. “I didn’t touch them at all.”

Hours later, the man, a father of three young children, was reportedly “placed on life support” at a local hospital, where he inexplicably passed away on Monday.

Lowery’s brother, Jamir King, reportedly said the victim somehow suffered a broken cheekbone and fractured eye socket sometime after taking the Facebook video.

“His face wasn’t like that in the video,” King told northjersey.com.

Loved ones of the man want answers, as well as protesters who gathered at Paterson City Hall on Tuesday evening.

“It’s still hurting, I’m just lost. I’m hurt,” his mother told NBC.

“What did those cops do? What are they not telling us?,” a protestor asked.

Paterson Mayor Andre Sayegh indicated in a statement to the news station that he will “completely support a full investigation” into the incident.

“In the meantime, I have expressed my condolences to the family of Mr. Lowery, who are suffering during this difficult time,” he added.

This is a developing story. CrimeOnline will provide updates as information becomes available.

Join Nancy Grace for her new video series new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Jameek Lowery/northjersey.com screengrab]