Casey Anthony is apparently ecstatic after a lawsuit against filed against her years ago was tossed out by a Florida judge this week.
On Thursday, Judge Roberta Colton dropped a defamation lawsuit against 32-year-old Anthony, ruling that the plaintiff didn’t provide enough evidence to support his case. The plaintiff, meter reader Roy Kronk, was the person who found 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s remains in 2008. Casey Anthony’s defense lawyers implied that the meter reader may have hidden Caylee’s remains himself.
“This is a situation where law enforcement never looked into this witness who is a critical witness — never investigated this man’s background,” Jose Baez, Anthony’s lawyer, said about Kronk in 2009.
“He’s the only one who has been with the body. He is the only who magically discovers it. He takes a day off the day before he discovers it again in December,” Anthony’s other attorney, Andrea Lyons, said during a 2009 interview with the Today Show.
In turn, Kronk filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony that dragged out for eight years. Ultimately, the judge indicated that Casey didn’t act on her attorneys’ behalf and had little to do the insinuations that the meter reader may have killed little Caylee.
When Anthony learned the lawsuit was dismissed, she reportedly spoke with DailyMail through her private Twitter account, and explained that she “never doubted” the lawsuit would eventually get dropped.
“My faith in God saw me through. I never doubted for one moment that it would be dismissed. But..he is appealing..God is great! ……This is what Cays [Caylee] would have wanted..not this witch-hunt that has followed me since my acquittal. Now maybe others will move on. If not, then they are making it all about them for attention.. not my daughter!”
Members of a Facebook group, entitled, “Casey Anthony Boycott Information,” are warning television stations and other entities that they plan to boycott if Anthony gets deals and starts cashing in on her daughter’s tragedy. Anthony told DM she simply wasn’t worried about what the group thought about her.
“The boycott..I could care less about.”
As for future deals, Anthony said she has no plans right now to tell her story, but explained that one day she would be open to it.
“I have no intentions on capitalizing off of this as of right now. Who knows what the future will hold. I will one day need to get my side out. But as of now, no plans to.”
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Anthony is considered “one of the most hated women in America,” according to 2011 Florida Department of Corrections statement. The nickname came after the masses blamed Anthony for the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee.
For months in 2008, Anthony lied to police, claiming she left her little girl with a nanny who turned out to be fictional. Caylee’s remains were eventually found on December 11, 2008, buried near the Orlando home of Anthony’s parents. A jury, however, acquitted Anthony of murder in 2011.
Meanwhile, Anthony told DM she is seeking “normalcy” in her life, and hopes that one day the online trolls will stop impersonating her and threatening her, noting one particular account that reportedly made her scared for her life.
“I just want some sort of normalcy in my life. I get it..people will always hate me..but this profile could potentially cause me harm with the crap she posts.”
[Feature Photo: Casey Anthony via AP/Joshua Replogle]