‘A little more than just an accident’: Girlfriend plows down boyfriend with truck, running him over at least twice, killing him: Police

‘We do know that she struck him at least two times, first from backing up, then from going forward’

A Missouri woman is behind bars after she allegedly ran over her boyfriend on purpose with a Dodge Ram truck on Friday afternoon, killing him.

St. Louis Dispatch reports that 40-year-old Kathryn J. Marsh is accused of plowing down her boyfriend, 37-year-old Matthew R. Baker, close to the Babbo’s Spaghetteria parking lot off of Chesterfield Airport Road in Chesterfield. According to police, Baker died at the scene.

Witnesses at the scene said the couple had been arguing in the parking lot before Marsh got into the vehicle and ran over the victim. Chesterfield Police Sgt. Keith Rider said that “several people saw the actual event,” as it took place around 2:30 p.m.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

On March 29th at approximately 2:37pm, Officers responded to the parking lot of 17402 Chesterfield Airport Rd. for a…

Posted by Chesterfield Police Department on Saturday, March 30, 2019


“We started talking to witnesses and once we talked to the driver a bit we realized it was a little more than just an accident,” Rider said, according to FOX St. Louis.

Marsh, who stayed at the scene after the incident, reportedly told police that she had been dating Baker for around four years. Although it remains unclear why she decided to run her long-time boyfriend over, authorities indicated that she’s been cooperative so far.

“We are not sure what happened between the two,” Rider said. “They came from wherever they were before and this happened in the parking lot. It’s pretty cold…..We do know that she struck him at least two times, first from backing up, then from going forward.”

The victim’s father, Robert Baker, said his son had four children and previously graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy. After serving 10 years in the military, Matthew Baker opened up a business called A-Team Restoration.

“I wish I could hug the guy one more time,” Robert Baker said of his son.

Marsh was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. She’s being held at the St. Louis County Justice Center on $500,000 cash-only bail, according to authorities.

The story continues to develop. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Kathryn Marsh/Police Handout/Dodge truck/Wiki Commons]