BREAKING: Missing college student Alexis Crawford found dead days after reporting sexual assault involving roommate’s boyfriend

A missing Georgia college student was found dead on Friday, more than a week after she reported that her roommate’s boyfriend possibly sexually assaulted her.

Clark Atlanta University student Alexis Crawford, 21, was last seen alive on October 30 at a liquor store, where she had reportedly asked her roommate, Jordyn Jones, 21, to take her prior to her disappearance. Jones claimed Crawford was nowhere to be found the following morning and that the front door was locked, according to WXIA.

Crawford’s body was reportedly found in Exchange Park in Decatur. Sources told WBCL that Jones and her boyfriend, Barron Brantley, 21, have confessed to some involvement in Crawford’s disappearance—and that one of them led investigators to her body.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Days before her disappearance, on October 27, Crawford filed a police report in which she alleged that Brantley had kissed and touched her without her consent. According to the news outlet, the report also stated that she, Jones, and Brantley were drinking on the night of the incident and that Brantley later claimed he thought he was touching his girlfriend.

Brantley allegedly then followed Crawford into her room and bedroom. Jones reportedly told police that she banged on the bathroom door until her boyfriend exited shirtless. He denied having sexual contact with Crawford before leaving the residence in his girlfriend’s car, according to WBCL.

Crawford was reportedly found nearly naked in her bathroom. Per the police report, she told her roommate that she could not recall Brantley being in the bathroom with her before she lost consciousness.

WBCL reported that Crawford was hospitalized and a rape kit was administered. She disappeared three days later.

A missing person’s report stated that Jones told police that she and Crawford were not speaking to one another due to a “separate incident.” However, she allegedly claimed she took Crawford to the liquor store at around 11:30 p.m. and had last seen her at their apartment at approximately 12:30 a.m. before she went to bed.

Crawford had reportedly shared an Instagram post and had commented in a group chat at around 9 p.m. on October 30. Earlier that day, police said she had FaceTimed with her mother and sister.

Police wrote that Crawford’s iPhone, identification card, and a debit card were missing from the residence. Her phone charger and apartment key were said to have been found in the residence.

“Ms. Alexis Crawford’s bedroom was still in the same condition as it was from 10/26/2019, when a separate incident occurred, and Ms. Alexis Crawford also told friends that she wasn’t comfortable sleeping in there and had been sleeping in the living room since that date,” the report also detailed.

This is a developing story. Check back with CrimeOnline for updates as they become available. 

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Alexis Crawford/Facebook]