‘I told you this would happen’: Boy shoots toddler sister dead with dad’s loaded gun left out [Docs]

The children’s mother said she ‘heard a noise’ but did not realize what had happened until two hours later

A 6-year-old boy reportedly fatally shot his 2-year-old sister on Saturday morning after finding an unattended gun in their Ohio home.

WBNS reported that the unnamed victim died from a gunshot wound to the head. In addition to the two children, their father, Jason Massuro, 41, their mother, and an 11-year-old were home at the time of the fatal incident.

Massuro’s wife reportedly told the 911 dispatcher that she heard a noise two hours earlier but had not realized what had happened at the time. She explained that her son was downstairs playing with a gun because “some f*****g idiot left it out.” The wife also revealed that Massuros frequently left loaded weapons unsecured around the home, the news station reported.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

“Oh my God, Oh my God! Stop! Why did you have a gun in the house?… I told you this would happen,” the mother was also heard saying during the 911 call, according to The Newark Advocate.

Upon crews’ arrival, Massuro allegedly barricaded himself inside the basement with an AR-15 and threatened to harm himself. Following an hourslong standoff, officers reportedly managed to taser him after he took his finger off the trigger.

WBNS obtained documents showing that police have responded to the Pataskala home approximately 60 times since 2009 for domestic calls involving guns or knives.

Massuro is facing endangering a child and inducing panic charges. He remains jailed on a $500,000 bond.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Jason Massuro/Licking County Sheriff’s Office]