Ad
Ad

Infant boy burns to death after being left next to space heater, coroner says

A 5-month-old boy found dead at a Georgia home on Tuesday morning reportedly died after being left next to a space heater.

Chief Coroner Leon Jones told WMAZ that the unidentified baby boy was found dead at a home in Macon. Jones said that three people, including the infant’s 28-year-old mother, were home at the time but it’s unclear who made the emergency call.

The Macon Telegraph reported that the baby was left unattended in a bedroom in a car seat. He reportedly suffered burns all over his body after being left next to a space heater.

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Officials said the mother’s boyfriend found the infant. The baby was pronounced dead at the scene, according to WMAZ.

“The mother was in another bedroom and supposedly the baby got out of the car seat onto an electric heater,” Jones told The Telegraph.

The deceased baby’s mother, her boyfriend, and the boyfriend’s brother were taken in for questioning. An autopsy is scheduled.

While no charges have been filed, the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office and Division of Family and Children Services are investigating.

This is a developing story. CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Featured image: Pixabay]