San Antonio police arrested a man Saturday for allegedly threatening to shoot up Fort Hood over the killing of Spc Vanessa Guillen, KSAT 12 reports.
Mario Eloy Pena, 48, has been charged with making a terroristic threat on social media, in which he said he was “close” to becoming an active shooter at the Texas base.
Pena’s wife, who lives in California, notified police on Thursday of the threat, which was reportedly posted to Facebook.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Guillen was last seen alive on April 22 at around 1 p.m. at the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, in Fort Hood, Texas. Guillen left behind her car keys, barracks room key, identification card, and wallet in the arms room, where she worked. Her body was found late last month, dismembered and buried in several locations.
The prime suspect in her death, Army Spc Aaron David Robinson, fatally shot himself as authorities were closing in on him. His girlfriend, Cecily Ann Aguilar, allegedly helped him dismember Guillen’s body and bury it. She is in jail on charges of conspiracy to tamper with evidence and has pleaded not guilty.
In an affidavit for Pena’s arrest, police said that he wrote he was “upset and wanted to retaliate for Vanessa Guillen’s murder in Fort Hood Base. Defendant stated he has no respect for the USA military and is close to be[ing an] active shooter on base.”
The affidavit also says that Pena has a violent criminal history, including discharging a firearm and causing bodily harm in California.
Apparently Pena caught wind that police were investigating him before the arrest. He again went to Facebook, where he allegedly posted, “F*ck SAC [sic] PD. DETECTIVES GOING TO LOOK FOR ME AT MY SIS CASA… I’M HERE. HOME… NOT IN FT. HOOD.”
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast:
[Featured image: Vanessa Guillen/US Army]