Nashville suicide bomber’s girlfriend warned police Anthony Warner was building explosives in his RV

The girlfriend of the man responsible for a Christmas morning RV explosion in downtown Nashville contacted police last year to report that Anthony Quinn Warner was making a bomb.

According to documents obtained by the Tennessean, Warner’s girlfriend contacted police in August 2019, claiming that Warner “was building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence.” Police reportedly interviewed the unidentified woman, while her lawyer was present, at her home about a mile and a half from Warner’s residence in Antioch.

The attorney,  Raymond Throckmorton III, reportedly told police that Warner frequently spoke about making explosives. He “knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb,” the lawyer said, according to the Metro Nashville police report obtained by the Tennessean.

Doomsday, death & deception: Nancy Grace investigates “Cult Mom” Lori Vallow. Inside sources reveal brand new bombshell information. Click here to watch.

When police arrived to the girlfriend’s home, she was sitting on a porch with two unloaded guns nearby. She reportedly told police that the guns were Warner’s and that she did not want them in her home. It is unclear from the report if police confiscated the weapons at that time.

Officers reported to Warner’s home after speaking to his girlfriend, but Warner did not answer the door. They observed the RV in his yard but could not see inside of it, as it was behind a fence.

“They saw no evidence of a crime and had no authority to enter his home or fenced property,” a police supervisor wrote in the report.

The supervisor said in a statement to the Tennessean that MNPD forwarded the information about  Warner to the FBI.

“[T]he FBI reported back that they checked their holdings and found no records on Warner at all, ” the supervisor said.

Late last week, the Tennessee Department of Investigation said that Warner, 63, “was not on our radar” prior to the RV explosion Friday, which killed Warner and injured three others, while causing extensive property damage. Investigators reportedly believe Warner intended to minimize human casualties, as the bomb exploded early Christmas morning, following a pre-recorded warning that residents evacuate the area.

Investigators are working to determine a motive for the apparent suicide bombing.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode: