Ad
Ad

Teen girl to be held at youth services center until she’s 21 for deadly Uber Eats carjacking

One of two teen girls involved in a deadly DC carjacking earlier this year was ordered committed until she’s 21 to the the DC Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services.

Uber Eats driver Mohammad Anwar, 66, was killed on March 23 after a 15-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl asked him for a ride and then used a stun gun on him and tried to force him out of the car. With Anwar hanging outside the vehicle through the open driver’s door, drove down the block, as CrimeOnline previously reported.

The vehicle rounded a corner but was traveling too fast, tipping onto its side and crashing onto the sidewalk.

Two National Guardsmen on the scene helped the girls out of the car, as they told bystanders the car belonged to them, NBC Washington said. First responders found Anwar badly injured on the sidewalk; he was taken to a hospital, where he died.

The 15-year-old — who has since turned 16 — pleaded guilty last month to felony murder, accepting a plea deal that saw prosecutors drop several charges against her, including armed carjacking, aggravated reckless driving, and robbery, Fox 5 DC reported. Both she and the other girl were charged as juveniles, so their hearings have been closed to the public and they have not been named.

At her sentencing hearing on Friday, the 16-year-old was given the maximum sentence she could receive.

The 13-year-old, who pleaded guilty to second degree murder a week after her compatriot, faces the same maximum at her sentencing hearing, scheduled for July.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast:

[Featured image: Mohammad Anwar/family handout]