Police Report Reveals Brian Walshe Once Threatened to Kill Ana Walshe and Her Friends

Ana Walshe, the Massachusetts mom and real estate executive missing since New Year’s Day, filed a report in Washington, D.C., in 2014 saying that Brian Walshe had threatened to kill her.

The couple wasn’t married at the time, WBTS reported, but the police report on the case — now closed — said that Brian Walshe “made a statement over the telephone that he was going to kill her and her friends.”

According to NBC News, the police report doesn’t specifically name Brian Walshe, but a spokesperson for D.C. Metro Police confirmed it was him. The spokesperson said no charges were filed and the case was closed because the victim refused to cooperate with the investigation.

Brian Walshe, 47, was arrested on Sunday and charged with misleading investigators looking into the disappearance of 39-year-old Ana Walshe. He told investigators, after her D.C-based employer reported her missing on January 4, that he last saw her early in the morning on January 1 when she told him a work emergency required her to fly to D.C., and she took a ride-share to the airport.

Investigators, however, say they’ve found no evidence that she took an Uber, there was no flight booked in her name before the one that was already booked for January 3 — which she didn’t board — and her cell phone pinged near the couple’s home on January 1 and 2, after Brian Walshe said she’d left, as CrimeOnline has previously reported.

The investigation revealed that Walshe, who is awaiting sentencing after his guilty plea to federal fraud charges, had several unauthorized trips away from home — he wears a GPS monitor and is required to get permission for most trips — including a trip to Home Depot, where he bought $450 in cleaning supplies.

Investigators have collected evidence from the couple’s Cohasset home and from a trash distribution center in nearby Peabody. Sources said a broken bloody knife was found at the home, and a hacksaw, blood, and a hatchet in the trash.

Additionally, Ana Walshe’s family members in Serbia said the made several phone calls to family and friends early in the morning on New Year’s Eve, just a few hours before she vanished, but none of them answered the calls.

Brian Walshe is being held on a $500,000 bond and is due back in court on February 9.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.

[Featured image: Ana Walshe visiting family in Serbia in November/Instagram]