Louisiana Police Looking for Who Wrapped Georgia Man in Plastic and Carpet and Left His Body on Abandoned Lot

Investigators in Louisiana want to know how a Georgia man’s body came to be wrapped in plastic and carpet three miles away from where he was last seen.

Baton Rouge police said they do not currently suspect foul play in Nathan Millard’s death, pending final autopsy results. Cops said he may have accidentally overdosed, but they are still investigating, according to WAFB.

“It does appear that he was left there, that that’s most likely not where he died. I don’t want to go into details on our investigative efforts, but efforts are underway to locate and to talk to whoever may have put him there,” said Baton Rouge police Captain Kevin Heinz, head of the department’s violent crimes unit.

“And look, we’ll ask whoever put him there. If something happened and there was a moment of panic, come forward. We just want to know what happened to him. Our goal is to find out what happened to him,” he added.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Millard flew to Baton Rouge for a business meeting on February 22 and attended a basketball game with a client the following night. The client saw him leaving Happy’s Irish Pub at about 11:30 p.m. that night, but Millard failed to show up for a meeting the next morning, leading the client to contact the police.

Two weeks later, on Monday, Millard’s body was found in an empty lot on Scenic Highway. Preliminary results of the autopsy say he had no internal or external injuries, but investigators are awaiting final results, which will include a toxicology report.

“There doesn’t appear to be any foul play at this point. I know that he was placed there obviously by another individual, we would like to know who and why. But just from the autopsy results that were given by the Coroner’s Office, at this time it doesn’t appear to be any signs of foul play,” Heinz said.

Baton Rouge police said Millard did not appear distressed in surveillance footage they reviewed which showed him at local businesses on the night in question. At some point, a security guard at a Greyhound bus station tried to get a ride for Millard, but he turned down the offer.

“He appeared to be at those locations under his own power, and it didn’t appear that there was anything taking place criminally,” Heinz said.

Heinz said that surveillance footage followed Millard’s movements until about 4:30 a.m. on February 24, but he didn’t say where he was last seen.

Earlier, Millard’s wife, Amber Millard, said that police told her an unknown man was seen using her husband’s credit card at ATMs on at least two occasions. Additionally, his phone and wallet were found several blocks away from the pub where his client last saw him, WDSU reported.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Featured image: Nathan Millard/Baton Rouge Police Department]