Tecia Stauch and Gannon Stuach

‘I didn’t run from you guys’: Gannon Stauch stepmother is denied bond, will head back to Colorado to face murder charges [WATCH]

The stepmother of missing but presumed dead Colorado boy, Gannon Stauch, waived extradition in South Carolina courtroom on Tuesday morning.

Horry County Judge Clifford L. Welsh told Letecia “Tecia” Stauch that there was no way he would set bond for her, given the charges she’s facing in connection with Gannon, who vanished while under Stauch’s care in Colorado on January 27.

“I didn’t run from you guys. I don’t have any trouble with you guys,” Stauch responded, according to KKTV 11. “I didn’t even know until yesterday, so the date on that paper is wrong.”

How do you protect your children from predators? Join Nancy Grace and a team of world-class experts for the online course ‘Justice Nation: Crime Stops Here’.

Stauch, who was arrested Monday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, made her first appearance in front of the judge to determine if she would waive or fight extradition back to Colorado Springs.

WATCH: Letecia Stauch court appearance

WATCH: Letecia Stauch is making her first appearance via video before a judge in South Carolina. She was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murdering stepson Gannon Stauch. (Note: This is raw feed from sister station WMBF. Slight audio issues may be due to reception in courtroom.)https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Sheriffs-Office-searching-for-missing-11-year-old-boy-567360661.html

Posted by KKTV 11 News on Tuesday, March 3, 2020


Welsh explained that there are few defenses she could use to fight extradition back to Colorado, where she’s been charged with murder and related charges in connection with her stepson, Gannon. Stauch ultimately agreed to extradition after the judge explained she wouldn’t get any time served while waiting on an extradition hearing.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Stauch claimed Gannon left on foot from the Lorson Ranch neighborhood near Colorado Springs, at some time between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Stauch said Gannon told her he wanted to go a friend’s house. None of Gannon’s friends saw him that day.

A neighbor reportedly said his security footage captured Stauch leaving her home with Gannon on the morning of January 27, a little after 10 a.m. She returned the same day, according to the neighbor, a little after 2 p.m., but Gannon was not with her.

On Monday, Colorado authorities announced that they thought Gannon was no longer alive and a victim of foul play. Stauch is now facing charges of:

  • Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f))
  • Child Abuse Resulting in Death §18-6-401(1)(a), (7)(A)(I)
  • Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, §18-8-610.5
  • Tampering with Physical Evidence, §18-8-610(1)(a)

Additional Coverage

PART ONE: Tecia Stauch Interview

PART TWO: Tecia Stauch Interview

PART THREE: Tecia Stauch Interview

CLICK HERE to see all of our coverage on Gannon Stauch

Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most – your children.

[Feature Photo: Tecia Stauch/Police Handout; Gannon Stauch/Handout]